Dates: August 8th-11th, 2013
Ages: 14u, 15u, High School Varsity (16u & 17u) (following the April 30th age cut-off)
Location: Osceola County Stadium (Houston Astros Spring Training Complex)
631 Heritage Parkway
Kissimmee, FL 34744
Description: The USSSA All-American Games will consist of the top 14u-17u players as identified by ABR and USSSA. The event serves as the selection for the 2013 USSSA All-Americans and the 2043 USSSA National Teams who will compete in International competition. The 2014 15u & 16u National Teams (selected from the 2012 14u & 15u All-American Games) will compete in the USSSA GOLD MEDAL GAMES, while the 2014 USSSA High School Varsity National Team will travel internationally. Below is the location where each of our National Teams have traveled:
2010: Osaka, Japan
2011: Prague, Czech Republic
2012: Prague, Czech Republic
Payment & registration must be made on www.usssa.com
The event is invite only. Contact Brian Wabick for details on registration info. Call the Amateur Baseball Report at 708.675.1500 ext 113.
- Check In at Osceola County Stadium (in the Astros Team Store):
(the times below reflect the 2012 check-in times. The 2013 times have not been determined; however, they will follow a similar schedule)
All 14u Players: 9:30am – 10:30 am
All 15u Players: 10:30 am – 11:30 am
All 16/17u Players: 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
* Please note that check in will go according to the USSSA age cut off (April 30th)
* If anybody has any questions on the above check in times or cannot make their check in time please let us know so we have an idea of when to expect you.
(the times below reflect the 2012 times. The 2013 times have not been determined; however, they will follow a similar schedule)
All 16 – 17u Players: 1:15 pm – 3:15 pm
All 14u – 15u Players: 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm
*Evaluated workouts are a way to get in front of the college coaches. ABR and USSSA staff will be overseeing the workouts and will use it as an opportunity to get to know some of the players.
- We will give you jersey’s and hats at check in
- Please bring belt (navy or black), pants (white or grey), socks (navy or black – same color as belt), cleats, helmet (if possible),gloves, catcher’s gear (if applicable), and bats (according to the USSSA bat rules and the correlating link):
- Games will be seven innings in length
- Three outs or seven hitters per half inning (hitter limit is up to the coaches discretion and it is put in place to help the flow of the game)
- If a batter walks they will stay in the box for another AB in which they will start that AB with a 1-1 count. The last out will be placed at first in order to account for the walk while giving the player another opportunity to hit
- There will be in continuous batting order to allow for all position players to receive an equal amount of at bats. New games will begin in the spot of the order were the previous game left off.
- 4 GG with game play starting on Friday at 8 am (subject to change)
- In order to assess all participants properly, USSSA and ABR have put together a quality staff that includes college coaches (Barry University, Georgia Southwestern, Santa Fe, UCF, Brevard), MLB Scouts, former professional/major league players, as well as quality baseball personnel. There will be an evaluating roving staff that will scout game to game and assess as many players as possible, while every team coach will fill out evaluation reports on both their team as well as their opponents. The evaluation process is extremely thorough.
- Please note that the above staffing and organizations are subject to change in the case of unforeseen circumstances. In addition, player’s will not receive their written evaluations as this is for the college coaches, MLB Scouts, and USSSA/ABR scout purposes.
- The game schedules will be released upon the releasing of the rosters. There is a minimum of 4 games, with 1-2 games played each day. Sunday will consist of 1 morning game and closing ceremonies.
- Following the completion of the morning game on Sunday, all participants will gather at the stadium at approximately 12:30. The selection of the First Team All-Americans will be announced at this time and the players selected will be asked to come down to the field.
- Please note that the location is subject to change and everybody will be notified via email. In addition, there will be nine players selected as part of the First Team All-Americans at the 14u, 15u, and 16/17u age level. Those nine players will make up the majority of the 2013 USSSA National Teams that will compete in international competition. The remainder of the National Teams will be announced in the weeks following the event.
Any further questions can be directed to 708.675.1500.